$90 per 50 minute session
Please note that I offer sliding scale fees on a limited basis.
I do not currently accept insurance for services, with one exception. I am an approved provider for Tri-West through the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, and I can accept self-appointed clients. Please contact me directly if you’d like more information about this. For all other PPO insurance holders, I can provide a monthly statement of services that many insurance panels will accept for reimbursement under out-of-network benefits. This means that you may be able to seek compensation for the therapy services you pay out of pocket for. To find out if your insurance offers this type of agreement, I recommend calling member services and asking the following questions:
- Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
- If I seek services with an out-of-network provider will I be reimbursed?
- What forms or proof of payment do I need to submit for reimbursement?
These questions will help you determine if you’re eligible for using a portion of your mental health benefits with a non-contracted provider such as myself.
There are a number of advantages to paying privately for therapy, as compared to using your insurance:
- Insurance companies often require a formal diagnosis and ongoing access to information about your therapy sessions. From the standpoint of keeping your health information private, using insurance can pose an issue.
- Insurance companies will often dictate the frequency and nature of therapy services, thus limiting a tailored approach.
I accept cash, check, and all major credit cards as forms of payment.
If you are unable to attend a session, I ask that you notify me at least 24 hours beforehand. Sessions that are not attended and not canceled with advance notice will be subject to the full fee.
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!